July 9, 2014

Idol Of The Week : Lee Hyori

             ♥Idol Of The Week
                   Lee Hyori!♥


Let's just say Lee Hyori is my ultimate female bias in K-Pop. And I will swear to this day that she is mixed. Her music is great and uplifting, she's all about girl power.

I love Hyori because first, her name is pretty. I love her mainly because of the way she looks. And not what you guys think. I'm not shallow like that. As far as her looks go, she's tan. And being tan in K-Pop these days or in Korean society is just 'gross' in so many words. I'm a little tan and to hear some Idol's comments about a Korean that's just a tad bit darker, seriously hurts me. I'll rant about this some other time but I love her being tan. 

She doesn't fit the Korean stereotypical beauty standards. She honestly looks mix though! With something that's not Asian. I don't know what it is but, It's something and I will not let it rest. 

She's on the thicker side. Compared to most women in K-Pop, she is considered thick. She's got a fantastic body and the greatest smile. She makes me feel better about my tan skin and 'thickness.'

To me, Hyori is the original bad girl. Trust me, I LOVE CL to death, she is my 2NE1 bias but, you don't need to look and act like that to be a 'bad girl.' She's a classy woman who doesn't take anything from no one. And I love that! You don't need to wear head-to-toe black, with baggy pants and have a mean mug on your face all the time to be bad. You can wear your Chanel dress and your Louboutins and work it! 

Her music really makes me feel more powerful and like I can do anything! She makes me want to arch my brows and throw on my flats and go out and just say *censored* it, and have a good time. 

Anywho, my favourite song by her is 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.' The song just makes me feel like the *censored*. I just start dancing and do the duck face, I'm not even going to lie, guys. Haha! But, PLEASE check out her other music, it's great. 

I also love how she got hitched instead of doing a traditional wedding. Korea was really confused and therefore put her down because of this. She's really different than most Korean girls and she's just a real person. She's got tattoos and doesn't care what anybody thinks.

She is literally the Princess Of K-Pop. Not the queen because there's this other woman, whose name I forgot, But she's still rocking it from all the way back to the 70's. Korean disco and just...the bomb...diggity. Not many K-Pop fans know this though.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Picture.


Chitty Chitty Bang Bang MV


                                         And here are a few more picture of Lee Hyori.












Lee Hyori. The Princess Of K-Pop. Who passed the torch to CL last year at SBS's Gayo Daejun. My Ultimate Female Bias. THE Bad Girl. 
Give her love guys!

2 comments:

  1. i love your post on hyori!

    but i think its really unfair for you to name hyori as the princess of kpop and then talk about how she's passing torches to cl

    firstly, hyori has been in the industry for 16 years ever since she was a young girl to now being 34 years old! her albums have sold over 100,000 and her singles always got allkills even till this day! she writes and produces her own songs e.g miss korea! has had her own solo concert which had over 8,000 people attending! talks about society's flaws and how to overcome it, insecurity, has written her own book also! she has also won many daesangs in music and variety! known for talking her mind, not caring if people hate her or not because thats who she is! i could go on more...

    it's just really unfair for you to compare hyori to cl after all those things hyori has done! it just puts all those things hyori has done as a role model and icon to waste and makes it seem like you underestimate her!

    maybe you should read her wiki or do some research first!

    either way, yeah your post is great about hyori's skin colour etc,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand where you're coming from. And trust me I know almost everything about her. I wasn't truly comparing her to CL, moreso...to just anybody in general or any Korean girl. Hyori's getting older and won't be able to keep it up, and that's just the vibe I got during their stage together. I hope I didn't offend you! ^^

      Delete

(ノ・ェ・)ノ