June 21, 2014

♥Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream REVIEW!♥

           ♥1st Product Review!♥
So, I decided to do a product review because unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of my oh so cute outfit from yesturday! But, I recently spent a few dollars and made a good investment! It was my first time trying a BB Cream because I USED to be more of a CC Cream person. Please tell me you noticed the word 'used' in all caps. Because, there is no turning back for me. I want to try more!

I'm not going to lie, there are a few things I tend to spend more money on to get a better brand because simply, it works the best for me. The biggest investment was my Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream. I would spend a good $20 for it (from Sephora). A representative in Sephora recommended CC Cream to me instead of BB Cream because she said it helped with dry skin better. I have naturally dry skin especially on my semi-sensitive face. All I'm going to say is that...BB Cream is a better match. I'm not going to go too in detail with the Smashbox CC Cream because I do plan on doing a review on it later. Sorry guys!

I had tried the Maybelline BB Cream because I was always curious. No difficult packaging, the tube was cute yet simple and it was by my favourite makeup brand. I had gotten the BB Cream in the colour Light Medium when I know my skin colour would fit best with regular Medium. I tend to like my face creams a tad bit lighter than my actual skin colour because it makes my makeup go on clearer and the colours are bolder to me. Plus...I'm sure I've been too influenced by Korea with their standards and how they do makeup. 
Light Medium.
                         This is what my actual tube looked like.

I also took a picture of the Nutrition Facts on the back of the tube for my girls that are curious♥

As you can already see, the colour is a lot lighter than what pictures online try to show. I know that Light Medium is 2nd to the lightest shade but it looks close to that of the lightest shade, Light. Meaning, that beautiful, chocolate brown you see at the end, is not that dark. Being that BB and CC Cream originated in Asia, colours here even are gonna be for those of lighter skin complexions. I have yet to try Korean or Japanese BB Cream but I'm DYING to. They have pink, purple and even orange tinted creams. It may sound weird, but it's kind of annoying how America's always late in getting things and just completely steal and take over but anywho. I'd be a little careful in which colour you choose. ALTHOUGH, it says that it adjusts to your skin tone and they are absolutely correct about that. Here's a few pictures I took during my process of applying the BB Cream.

Here's what the tube looks like after you open it.

I then squeezed a little on my finger.
My nails aren't dirty it just looks that way because of my nail design!

Rubbed a little of that on my opposite hand.

I then rubbed some on my cheek on my face.
You can see this isn't totally my skin colour.

I then started rubbing it in a little bit. 
I circled the area so it'd be easier to see to some extent. But, you can see that the colour is now starting to blend in with my skin.

I then rubbed the cream in completely with my skin.
The cream blended in with my skin nicely, I circled the area where applied and you can sort of see the cream a tab bit lighter than my skin.

Finishing Product With A Touch Of Frizzy Hair And An Odd Gap That Magically Appears On My Teeth♥

If you look closely near my forehead and the apples of my cheeks, you can see that they have a little pink in them. The BB Cream did that! I was very happy with this product! Especially for the price. If your like me and oddly prefer the colour to be lighter than your skin, just get a shade up. But, if you want to me normal and get one that's your colour, try going a shade down unless you have complete confidence in yourself. I mentioned earlier though that it adjusts to your skin tone, which it truly does. I noticed about, 20min. later that it wasn't as light and it really looked like my skin. It still managed to keep the pink tint in it as well. That made me extremely happy because it reminded me of the Asian BB Creams. So there's not need to wear blush or anything like that. It doesn't have a heavy feeling and doesn't rub off! A little goes a long way but unfortunately, there's only a little in the tube. It leaves your skin glowing naturally although, it is a little runny but only slightly.

PROS:
Light Feeling
Blends Well
Little Goes A Long Way
Adjusts To Skin Tone
Pink Tint (at least in my skin tone)
Doesn't Rub Away
Helps Your Skin Glow
Affordable Price For Quality Of Product ($7 from Rite-Aid)
Easy Packaging

CONS:
Slightly Runny
Small Tube (but aren't most BB and CC Creams)
Colours Run Light

Obviously, the Pros weigh out the Cons. I completely recommend this product. Great coverage for Average to Flawless skin. If you have more than the random pimple here and there, I recommend something with a higher coverage value. It even says on the tube it's a 'Sheer Tint.' 

Grade:A-
Percent:90%
  Stars:4/5
   Recommend?Of Course!

Go out and try it and tell me what you thought of the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream today! Even send pictures to my email if you'd like! For more questions and answers, leave a comment and/or email me at kota143486@gmail.com ! !

DISCLAIMER: I DO EDIT pictures to some extent. Only to further quality to show products better, or to lighten, soften and filter for dramatic effect on SOME pictures. No Photoshop etc. is being used or body configuring. Thank You.

♥Coming Up Soon!♥
Simple Dolly Wink Inspired Nail Pictorial.
Bath & Body Works Pure Paradise Diamond Shimmer Mist Product Review.

♥Be Dazzling!♥












No comments:

Post a Comment

(ノ・ェ・)ノ