August 26, 2014

Most Effective And Classic Way For Matte Lips.

♥Most Effective And Classic Way
                 For Matte Lips.♥


Matte lips...will never go out of style. It's such a bold statement. But, if you have awfully dry lips like me...it can be an awful, crusty looking mess.

There are lipsticks out there that are automatically matte or really close to it. I'll write down the cheaper names at the end of this post. But, most of them tend to be more on the expensive side. Because of that, a lot of people have come up with their own ways to make any lipstick matte. 

The translucent powder seems to be the most widely known. With or without tissue. I've tried it myself and it's just a mess. It surely isn't beneficial for those with dryer lips. Plus, not everyone has translucent powder or even know what it is. I sure didn't at first! I went to go by some and ahem...not paying that much for it. I have yet to see a drugstore brand carry translucent powder. No thanks.

There's tons of other ridiculous ways to get your lips matte but I say...let's kick it old school. And I mean OLD school. Back to the 40's or 50's. A favourite era of mine. And I feel if it was beneficial for them back then, it should still be the same...right? You'll see. You'll all see!

On to the materials!


Lip balm! A major for matte lips! What I usually do is apply some lip balm and then wait for it to sink into my lips and then go ahead and apply another layer. You want to have amazingly soft lips for a matte look. 



Next!


Your favourite lipstick! Any brand or colour will do! It doesn't matter. 

Lastly!


Tissue! although I'm using toilet paper

While the lip balm is still relevant on your lips, apply your lipstick. But when you do, use a tapping method. Tap and slightly rub the lipstick on your lips. It will help distribute the colour on your lips properly and have a more natural effect. If you just smear or rub it on your lips, it's too thick to work with and will be harder to get matte. By dabbing, it's less shiny.


Ta-Da!


I was in a rush man...don't judge my lipstick skills.

But, notice how shiny the lipstick is?

Next you want to take your tissue and fold it in half and then wrap your lips around it ew.



And then close your mouth. Try to get as much of your lips that you can!


And if you didn't just dab the tissue on the areas that you missed!

Also, if you're in a hurry or just simply lazy, just dab right after you applied your lipstick.


Results!


I'm sick of how awful my teeth are coming out in pictures...

Alrighty! Very simple and a classic! The best way for me I can tell you that. Now, on to the brands that are the most matte for cheap!

Maybelline is my number one lipstick brand but their colours are a little on the shinier side but not too badly. But for me Covergirl is the best for being the most matte. And is what I used in today's pictorial!
-
Here's a funny picture I took of my dog earlier for a school project!



Fur just blowing in the wind everything. She was posing too! She was my model for my Photography class. Oh Montannerz... did I ever mention I have a rabbit as well...I'll have to dig up pictures!
DISCLAIMER: I DO EDIT pictures to some extent. Only to further quality to show products better, or to lighten, soften and filter for dramatic effect on SOME pictures. No Photoshop etc. is being used or body configuring. Thank You.
♥Be Dazzling!♥











No comments:

Post a Comment

(ノ・ェ・)ノ